- Why did everyone start to hate the Russians if the U.S. did the same thing in Afghanistan, Iraq?
- What needs to be corrected in the management of Russia first?
- Why did Blaise Pascal become a religious man at the end of his life?
- How do I know if a guy likes you?
- When they say "one generation", how many do they mean?
In short, the “concept of the author's death” states that the author's personality and biography, as well as the historical situation around the author, the time of writing the work, etc., have no significance for the analysis of the work.
Let me explain with an example. Cervantes. Don Quixote. It was conceived as a parody of a modern knight's novel. Since in the 21st century no one read chivalrous novels except Don Quixote himself, this novel became famous not as a parody, but as a chivalrous novel, and its absurdities like a pelvis instead of a helmet were reinterpreted in a dramatic way. They say that Don Quixote dreams of being a knight, but time does not allow him, which made the half-witted hidalgo almost the light of humanity.
Proponents of the concept of the author's death argue that this is the fate of any work, so you should not know who wrote it.
I have a Telegram channel called “The Concept of Author's Death”. About literature. Subscribe now. https://t.me/smertavtora