One Answer

  1. Yes, you can. Using set theory. So, we have two objects and we need to compare them. Obviously, we will compare some properties of these objects. To talk about the more/less ratio, these properties must be quantitative, that is, they must be able to be counted, although we will not do this. So, we will represent properties as a set consisting of homogeneous elements, for example, if we compare the height of people, then this will be the set of all abstract segments of equal length, which together make up a single segment from the sole of the feet to the top of the head, or we can compare the sets of all the bricks that make up buildings. So, we have two sets consisting of an unknown number of elements. To compare the number of elements of these sets, we need to perform a matching operation. The bottom line is that we take an element of one set and put it in correspondence with an element of another, as a result of which a pair of mutually corresponding elements of two sets appears. Each element can correspond to any other element, but only one. If, as a result, each element of set A corresponds to elements of set B and vice versa, then these sets are equal. If in the set A there are elements that do not correspond to the elements of B, and in B there are no such (not corresponding to the elements of A) elements, then A is greater than B. If the opposite is true, then A is less than B.

Leave a Reply