- Why did everyone start to hate the Russians if the U.S. did the same thing in Afghanistan, Iraq?
- What needs to be corrected in the management of Russia first?
- Why did Blaise Pascal become a religious man at the end of his life?
- How do I know if a guy likes you?
- When they say "one generation", how many do they mean?
Pilucci is a major academic philosopher of science and practicing Stoic. He knows the philosophy of stoicism better than the authors of most popular books on the subject, and incomparably better than, say, Bertrand Russell. The book is intended for the general reader and does not require any preliminary preparation. This is an excellent introduction to stoicism, based primarily on Epictetus. �Great joy that it was released from afar.�
It should be borne in mind that we are talking about modern stoicism – that is, a practical teaching on how to live. You won't find anything about the cosmology or logic of the ancient Stoics here – but that should be clear from the title.
Here's a detailed video review by Dr. Greg Sadler, author of the Stoicism Today blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RAYMEuD2M