- Why did everyone start to hate the Russians if the U.S. did the same thing in Afghanistan, Iraq?
- What needs to be corrected in the management of Russia first?
- Why did Blaise Pascal become a religious man at the end of his life?
- How do I know if a guy likes you?
- When they say "one generation", how many do they mean?
whatever we do, it will happen. in a good case, there will be technologies for deep biological modification of the body, technologies for augmenting the body with technical devices at the macro and micro levels, technologies for transferring consciousness from the biological brain to an artificial carrier, and much more that we cannot imagine today. accordingly, each of these directions actually means the emergence of a new variety of intelligent beings; the species homo sapiens sapiens will become the ancestor for a huge variety of intelligent races.
but in the worst case scenario, if we still fail to overcome the transition through the post-industrial barrier, we will fall back in development to the level of the Middle Ages and in a few thousand years we will quietly and peacefully die out.