- Why did everyone start to hate the Russians if the U.S. did the same thing in Afghanistan, Iraq?
- What needs to be corrected in the management of Russia first?
- Why did Blaise Pascal become a religious man at the end of his life?
- How do I know if a guy likes you?
- When they say "one generation", how many do they mean?
Of the wives of the Prophet Muhammad, only Aisha was young, the rest were dova. Aisha's age is not known exactly, because at that time the Arabs began to count the age of girls from the first month. The Prophet did not marry for pleasure but for us, a lot of knowledge came to us through Aisha
Regarding age, there are various opinions, but this is not the point. And the fact that in the society where Aisha was born, no special importance was attached to the year, month of birth of the child. And marriages at a young age were a certain norm and tradition.
By the way, we will not go far, if you look at 100-200 years ago, it was practiced in many countries, in the same West and Europe (now there are few nationalities that also give up their children at a young age). And this was the norm, but what about now, the substitution of concepts and norms continues…
As for the marriage of the Prophet Muhammad, this idea was given to him by a woman, Hawlah bint Hakim, in order to further strengthen his ties with Abu Bakr, the father of Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with them). And even if she was 9 years old, she was already sexually mature (i.e., her period had already started).
In one of the newspapers I read an article with the title A young journalist corrects a millennial mistake of prominent scientists. The content of the article can be summarized in the following points::
1. The question that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married the mother of the faithful ‘Aisha when she was six years old and started married life when she was 9 years old, as stated in the hadeeth of al-Bukhaari, is a mistake. The mistake is in calculating the age of ‘Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her).
2. From the research of historical sources (from the words of the author of the article), it became known that the real age of ‘Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her), when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) began married life with her, was 18 years old, and not 9.
3. Not a single scientist in the community noticed this mistake, except for this journalist.
I ask you to explain this question to Muslims and give an answer based on Sharia sources
Customs people's views on so many things depend on the era and country in which they lived. Presumably, in those days and in that country, this was not something special. And even now, in some places, it is considered acceptable. In general, in the old days, many countries allowed marriages with minors, which are now considered categorically unacceptable. So the question should not be raised about the prophet personally, but about why the views on such things did not coincide (and still do not coincide) at different times and in different camps. And this is a long conversation…
Aisha was not a child at the time. She was 17 years old when she married the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). And this is confirmed.
I wanted to. �And smog.
This is not a land of the highest ancient legality – like Rome, where the marriageable age was noticeably higher. And these are not the same times. �And not the same ones yet.
In any case, there were some advantages for the Islamic world. The girl loved dolls. And custom allowed her to take her dolls to her husband's house… The Prophet was so moved by these dolls that he decided to forbid them to all the faithful. And all Islamic girls should be praying for this wife of his.