- Why did everyone start to hate the Russians if the U.S. did the same thing in Afghanistan, Iraq?
- What needs to be corrected in the management of Russia first?
- Why did Blaise Pascal become a religious man at the end of his life?
- How do I know if a guy likes you?
- When they say "one generation", how many do they mean?
“Mirror”, according to Tarkovsky, is his most personal film. Therefore, an adequate interpretation of all symbols probably requires at least a minimal knowledge of the author's biography. The hermeneutics of Tarkovsky's symbols is difficult in any film, and even more so here.
I do not dare to write about my personal reflection on the film (I am not sure about the correct reading of all the characters), so I will refer to the best text I have read on this topic-the article by Leonid Batkin (Russian historian, cultural critic and literary critic) “Not afraid of your voice”.�
I hope this article will help you understand the film, perceive it in a new way, and understand what you couldn't catch when you first watched it. Good luck!